Vibes for Bob please!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Vibes for Bob please!

Post by Oddcat »

Ahh, that's good news. Sleep is a great healer, and cats sure know how to sleep well!

It's amazing how cats adapt and get on with things without worry or self pity. I never fail to be inspired by their resilience.

I hope Bob's had another restful healing day today. Gentle fussed from me, and purrs and headbumps from my furry crew xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi, hope Bob's more comfortable now.

Tendons are fiddly things, because when one's cut, it's like cutting a stretched rubber band - the ends fly apart, so that they have to be searched for in the surrounding tissue or even an incision made to find them. I know these gory details after having a slight argument with a saw a long time ago lol (not!)

Big fusses to the lad (they let nothing stop them do they!)and hope you and he are getting past the worst now x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Lilith and thanks for that. He seems to be on the mend and is being quite bumptious again! :lol:
we'll see what the vet says tomorrow.

It's been really difficult keeping him in while letting the others out. I'll be so relieved when he can go out again.

I have a few issues with tendons. I imagine them to be like old guy ropes on a tent, one storm too many and twang, the tent falls down - or in my case, my arm drops off. :shock: Well that's what it feels like.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Ouch - that sounds like, well, ouch! And I understand glucosamine etc disagrees with you.

That's a bummer, keeping him in though at least the weather's pretty offputting, surely no sane cat wants to go out in this ...ummm, yes...say no more, cats are bonkers!

Hope the lad's progressing ok :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes thanks Lilith. He now has a light weight bandage on, but we have already had to put some sticky strapping tape around it to stop him undoing it!

Doesn't seem to matter what the weather is doing, if Purdy goes out, Bobby wants to go out. :roll:

It is going to be a stressful couple of weeks. We have been told to 'keep him quiet ', yeh like that's going to happen.

BTW Lilith, I seem to be getting some relief with the shoulder from devil's claw and cat's claw (the Peruvian herb, NOT the actual claw!! :lol: ) Fingers crossed for all of us.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi good to see Bob's getting better. And yes cats are bonkers re weather. It's been as hot as hades here & the 3 puss-kateers want to be outside with me in the heat. Snow Girl does sit in the shade. Vivian
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I saw a mention of Bob and bandages, so went to find what was wrong .... and found this. Ouch! Poor Bob really has been through it, and poor you. I really hope he's a lot better now? (((hugs)))
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks Helen, yes he is well on the mend. I think there has been some damage done because when he puts his weight on the bad leg, one of his claws sticks out. :? But it doesn't slow him down. He must be well through his nine lives by now and it's not doing much for my nerves! :lol:
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Aw, glad to hear he's on the mend. Fusses to him x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

And from me too. xx

That Bob's a real trooper, bless him! :)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Ditto fusses to Bob from me & 3 puss-kateers. Hope he keeps going from strength to strength. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I am typing this with difficulty as Bob is lying under my chin as I lie on the sofa. He says thank you for all the fusses. :D